A few years back, I was such a novice at putting on makeup that constantly had to look up tutorials on YouTube to figure out how to use the most basic face products (I mean, I still do, but I used to, too). With Maybelline Great Lash mascara, that was never the case; it's been in my mothers make up bag for years and I've only poked myself in the eye once during my review.
I received this Maybelline New York Great Lash Royal Blue mascara and Unstoppable Onyx eyeliner set as apart of an Influenster Voxbox to review on my own, and let me tell you: it was PERFECT for that subtle pop of color when you want to shake up a Wednesday at the office, or go full on glamazon with a complimentary shade of eyeliner and shadow to really make your blue hued lashes stand out! How do I love it? Let me count the ways:
- Pro: It's a budget buy!
- Pro: The color, while brilliant blue, doesn't give you a Baby Jane, over the top crazy lady face. Perfect amount of color to bring some subtle dazzle to your look!
- Lasting power, all day and all night!
Now to the eyeliner: I've been on the liquid eyeliner bandwagon for good amount of time now after years of trial and error, but after giving this eyeliner multiple tries, and press ganging friends into trying it, I have a few complaints (and pros as well):
- Pro: It's a great budget buy if you're looking to stay away from the pricier mechanical pencil brands.
- Con: I could never get an even glide on my lids, and while I may have sweaty hands, I sure don't have shaky hands! It may take some trial and error that never worked for me, but if you can beat the smudge, kudos to you.
- Con: Smudges, smudges everywhere. Despite it's lasting power, I had to have surgical precision when putting this on, otherwise I'd end up with an accidental smokey eye I didn't ask for.
- Pro: Incredible lasting power, and it's waterproof! For sure this eyeliner has gone on at 8am and held on until 7pm for an entire work day.
Overall, while I loved the Great Lash Royal Blue mascara and will definitely buy it again when I run out, or inevitably lose it, I think I'll pass on picking up this eyeliner myself. Enjoy some dorky pictures of me using the product!
*Note that while I have both products on in the image, my bathroom lighting is terrible orange, so no amount of photo editing is going to make that mascara color visible.
*Note: While I did receive these products for free from Influenster to review, all the above opinions are my own, unbiased thoughts.